Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dflippin
Level 7

Re: ROKu stick keeps rebooting

Same for me too but I have an HDMI please help
0 Kudos
James11
Level 7

I had the same problem with it restarting instantaneous over and over while using the tv's usb port for power, but when I plugged it to the wall outlet with same usb cable and wall plug adapter that came in the box, it stayed on working perfect. It's going on 7 hours now and no reboot. I come to the conclusion that it's the tv usb port. The port doesn't give the required amount of power the stream stick needs causing the tv circuit power board to trip the usb port off then on real qwik.
0 Kudos
Alexg208
Level 7

I have the Roku 3600x and it randomly reboots. It only reboots during the period that I am watching a show though, never does it while in the menu. I have had it plugged into a regular outlet for power it's whole life (2months) which is the same outlet that provides power to my TV which doesn't have an issue...also it buffers on 100mb internet constantly, although when I've got my three kids on their iPads watching Netflix at the same time I don't have a single buffer issue. Roku is garbage so I'm looking for suggestions on other not garbage platforms that are at least halfway reliable in nature. I wouldnt even GIVE this away to somebody because I'm sure they'd get nothing but frustration from it haha. Straight back to the manucrapturer it goes! Oh, the apps I'm running are Netflix, Hulu, all of the sports apps like ESPN and AMC.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"Alexg208" wrote:
I have the Roku 3600x and it randomly reboots. It only reboots during the period that I am watching a show though, never does it while in the menu.  I have had it plugged into a regular outlet for power it's whole life (2months) which is the same outlet that provides power to my TV which doesn't have an issue...also it buffers on 100mb internet constantly, although when I've got my three kids on their iPads watching Netflix at the same time I don't have a single buffer issue.  Roku is garbage so I'm looking for suggestions on other not garbage platforms that are at least halfway reliable in nature.  I wouldnt even GIVE this away to somebody because I'm sure they'd get nothing but frustration from it haha.  Straight back to the manucrapturer it goes!  Oh, the apps I'm running are Netflix, Hulu, all of the sports apps like ESPN and AMC.

Since you said you're done with Roku, and you want someone on the Roku user forum to point you to another direction, I'll point you to this Website: http://www.televisionmyway.com/p/online-streaming-solutions.html

There are other Websites that will offer similar information, and, unless affiliated with a specific device, will tell you those same devices are all good. Of course, you'll see that Roku is at the top of their list, as it is the most popular device. But it lists other good ones.

Let me offer this takeaway for you. Rather than immediately swear off any device or service, seek out help first. You may find that's a better option. I'm not just talking about your Roku experience, but life in general. Still would have been better to apply in this case.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
fredneck
Level 10

Yes there are alternative devices to Roku, one that is not on the list you posted is the Nvidia Shield, Basil. What Roku has going for them is their software. While not perfect, it is still the easiest to use and provides a wide range of channels for all audiences. If content is King, Roku rules them all.
Roku is my favorite streamer, mkvXstream.com has my favorite Roku channels
0 Kudos

I just purchased two (2), 3800R units and am having problems with both units, when watching local TV, streaming through X-finity beta app, both units will just drop back to the app screen, at random.  Sometimes 7 or 8 (frustrating) times, at others only 2 or 3 times. Finally it seems to stay on just fine.
Both units are powered by the supplied unit and have new HDMI cables into newer Samsung flat screens (not smart) Is this problem with the X-finity beta app??

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

"Keithsindelar" wrote:
I just purchased two (2), 3800R units and am having problems with both units, when watching local TV, streaming through X-finity beta app, both units will just drop back to the app screen, at random.  Sometimes 7 or 8 (frustrating) times, at others only 2 or 3 times. Finally it seems to stay on just fine.
Both units are powered by the supplied unit and have new HDMI cables into newer Samsung flat screens (not smart) Is this problem with the X-finity beta app??

Most likely a beta issue. Not saying it hasn't happened with other channels before (not to me, but I've seen others post here), but when dealing with a beta channel and everything else is working it's probably the beta.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Kpbo24
Level 7

My 3500x is rebooting 2 to 3 times per show. There’s no warning, it just happens. I’ve had the Roku for a little over a year without problems until now. I have the power cord plugged into an outlet, I’m using it on a Panasonic TV. I’ve tried everything except a factory reset. Doesn’t anyone have a solution to this issue? I’m ready to move on to another type of streaming equipment.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"Kpbo24" wrote:
My 3500x is rebooting 2 to 3 times per show. There’s no warning, it just happens. I’ve had the Roku for a little over a year without problems until now. I have the power cord plugged into an outlet, I’m using it on a Panasonic TV. I’ve tried everything except a factory reset. Doesn’t anyone have a solution to this issue? I’m ready to move on to another type of streaming equipment.

You’ve had a model 3500 Stick for only a year? It was discontinued in April 2016. But that’s something you’d need to file as a takeaway when dealing with whoever sold you an out of date device.

Regarding your actual issue, it would be helpful if you listed the app in which it happens. Also, is the content ad-supported? Do the reboots happen at commercials? That could indicate the ads are buggy.

Offer more info regarding the app and the content.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
Kpbo24
Level 7

I bought the ROKU on clearance. Now I know why! I watch HULU almost exclusively.
0 Kudos