Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhaval
Level 7

ROKu stick keeps rebooting

Hello,

Anybody has same problem & they fixed ?

I switched the input to Rome stick today after couple of days & I see it keeps rebooting. I don't think I did anything to mess it up.

Can anyone tell me how to fix it?

TIA.
Dhaval.
0 Kudos
21 Replies
NCMattJ
Level 7

Re: ROKu stick keeps rebooting

I am having this exact same problem under these exact same circumstances. Any help would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

More info from both please.. TV model, whether the stick's power is plugged in via USB or via the power adapter, etc.. Need more info.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Williamt100
Level 8

Tonight my 3500X started doing the same thing... constantly rebooting. Was working this afternoon -- tonight nothing!
Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
Williamt100
Level 8

I had to do a factory reset and re-link to my account in order to get the unit working.

I pressed and held the factory reset button on the unit for about 15 or 20 seconds until the until rebooted and re-initialized.

I'm currently waiting for it to reload all of my channels.
Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
vgados
Level 7

I have the exact same problem. I have a Roku 3 stick plugged to my TV and powered via USB coming from the TV.
This has been working with no problem for the last 3 months (since I set it up).

However for the last week (probably since I tested the Miracast feature 2 weeks ago), the stick will need a complete set up every time I tried to use it.
As soon as the TV is off, the stick will loose all its settings and requires me to go through:
  1. Remote pairing

1. WIFI connection
  1. Link to my account

1. Loading the channel

Basically, about 15-20 minutes set up making it useless. I went through the whole setup 2-3 times already, and checked that I'm on the latest build.
But it is as if the stick doesnot keep the settings in its memory anymore...
Very disapointed for something that I got only 3 months ago
0 Kudos
nickl
Level 7

My stick - going through MHL on a JVC tv - is resetting continuously after working fine for months.
0 Kudos
nickl
Level 7

"Williamt100" wrote:
I had to do a factory reset and re-link to my account in order to get the unit working.

I pressed and held the factory reset button on the unit for about 15 or 20 seconds until the until rebooted and re-initialized.

I'm currently waiting for it to reload all of my channels.

My stick is not evn getting to the home screen before it resets. Very annoying.
0 Kudos
econ
Level 7

Anyone get this resolved? I just bought 2 roku sticks and they both experience the random reboots when plugged in via usb. Any ideas how to fix?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
TheEndless
Level 7

"econ" wrote:
Anyone get this resolved? I just bought 2 roku sticks and they both experience the random reboots when plugged in via usb. Any ideas how to fix?

That's typically an indication that your television isn't able to supply enough power via USB. If that's the case, the only option is to plug the stick in via the included power adapter.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos