Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: ROKU suddenly too big for tv screen

@Lubana wrote:

You are giving the same fix that didn't work on that troublesome error message that suddenly appeared some months ago.  It's not my TV.  Everything was working right until evening one day and the next morning nothing worked okay.  Typical Roku problem pattern.  Trust me, my Sanyo TV has no way to change the display size.  I went through the entire trouble-shooting menu.  I am not getting a different TV.  What I am getting is another streaming device if this isn't fixed soon.  Since I can't hear as well as I used to, my TV is now useless unless I play a DVD.  That works because it has no dependency on Roku.

You are being given a series of troubleshooting steps to determine the source/cause/fix for your issue; if you refuse to take them, that limits your ability to be helped. 

Different problems may have similar or identical troubleshooting steps - that doesnt in any way mean they are the same problem, or have the same resolution.

You need to try the troubleshooting steps and you need to state your TV brand/model name/model # so you can get better help/assistance.

0 Kudos
Meems

I am having the same problem, it’s not my tv, it’s the ROKU…I’m going to try unplugging it and a new HDMI cord to see if that helps…

0 Kudos
Am8
Reel Rookie

I have roku premiere 3920.  My television’s option to zoom in/out is not accessible (it won’t let me click on it).

I’ve unplugged, replugged, and restarted the roku and the tv multiple times.

The roku is brand new and I’m using the cords provided in the box.

Other electronics connected to the have not had an issue where they’ve zoomed in so the menu is not completely visible or accessible.

0 Kudos
Am8
Reel Rookie

I have a Panasonic viera 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Am8 wrote:

I have a Panasonic viera 

Thats a model line, not a model (e.g. "Ford F150").  Just like with the Roku, we need a specific model # (probably a combination of letters and numbers).

It would be very strange that your TV's zoom functionality wouldnt work with just one device/input.

Verify once again that the zoom function isnt enabled, and disable it (almost always a button on the remote).

Regardless, did you try:

1) Using a different HDMI cable

2) Using a different HDMI port on your TV

3) Turning everything (TV/Roku/AVR/Soundbar) off for 10-15 minutes, then turning them (fully) on in the following order:  AVR/Soundbar, TV, Roku.

4) Using a different TV

0 Kudos
Lubana
Streaming Star

This is ridiculous.  I had this issue some months ago and was the only one who gave the fix,  But my own solution was the only one removed.  Now I'm having the same problem and can't remember how I fixed it and came back here to find out.  Thanks a lot, Roku!

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Lubana, you mean this fix?

https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/Zoomed-in-screen-I-ve-tried-everythi...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
tschultz

Mine is doing the same thing and it was a sudden switch.  I have been trying everything to fix it and nothing works. this is not a TV issue it is a ROKU issue. This is so ridiculous!!

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @tschultz

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you reply here with a photo of the issue occurring? Does it happen on a specific channel or all channels installed on your Roku? Please specify as well the troubleshooting you've tried so we know what steps we should take next.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MeH48

I used a button on my tv remote that said "aspect" on it, and it interchanged through the settings "cinema","normal""wide","zoom" etc.

I chose normal and it fixed.