Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: ROKU screen flickering all of a sudden

Jump to solution

On this express plus, there is no ‘advanced display settings’.

any other hints?

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

HI! So I just purchased this roku tv 43' about 2 days ago and everything is fine until I play live tv on my android box that is hooked to it via hdmi. The screen is jumping around a lot nonstop...I tried the things you listed but it's still doing it. Now when i stream movies from exodus on the android box, play a radio station online on the android box, or use my ps4 it doesnt jump around...it only jumps around when im streaming live tv. Please help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

In advanced system settings there is no option for the auto adjust display refresh rate. There’s only factory reset, network connection reset, device connection, and control by mobile apps. What do I do then? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@kayrv21 wrote:

In advanced system settings there is no option for the auto adjust display refresh rate. There’s only factory reset, network connection reset, device connection, and control by mobile apps. What do I do then? 

That function is for 4K players only. Depending on your Roku model, it may or may not be there. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you. I had been testing out 2 new streaming services (Fubo and Sling) to possibly replace my Hulu Live TV account (all related to the UI and recording functionality that doesn't work for a sports fan trying to watch games and time shift) but I was baffled why both Fubo and Sling were flickering when I watched. Your solution solved it immediately for me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Picture started flickering last night and was worse this morning. Turned TV off and unplugged for 30 seconds but did not fix. Turned off for about 3 hours. When I turned back on, picture was fine but TV not connected online. Reconnected. Picture is good again. Will see if this holds.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

The black line down the middle is motherboard problems. Call for a repairman.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone, 

We believe the issue that this thread was opened for originally has been resolved.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please feel free to search for threads related to your issue or create a new topic.

We will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos