Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: ROKU screen flickering all of a sudden

Jump to solution

HI. PROBLEMS IS CONTINIOUS. IT WORKED ABOUT 3 WEEKS. NOW TV WORK FINE WITH OTHER PROGRAMS, WHEN I SWITCH TO ROKU IT CONTINOUSLY BLINKING ON AND OFF. I CHECK AND REPLACE CABLES, REPLACE POWER TO ROKU,FACTORY RESET, SAME THING.

MY ROKU IS ROKU PREMIER HD 4K HDR DEVICE ID K4298C023733

THANK YOU

SINCERELY

MIRO BARTONIK

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@orim2 @chaderly @BamaBoy63 

Sorry to hear about the issue you're seeing here! To help rule out any physical connection issues, if you haven't already, please try using a different HDMI cable and/or connecting your device to a different HDMI port on your TV to see if this helps. If not, please provide the following details so we can help take a closer look: 

- TV make & model 

- A/V receiver make and model 

- What setting do you have selected in Settings>Display type? 

- Does changing this setting from Auto to any of the manual display type options help resolve this behavior? 

- When this occurs, please generate an issue tracker report ID by pressing the Back button 5 times quickly, followed by the Home button 5 times quickly. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

HI. ALL WHAT YOU DESCRIBED I PERFORMED, FROM CHANGE OF CABLES, POWER INPUT, FACTORY RESTORE, MULTIPLE TIMES. I WILL TRY ONE MORE RESTORE OR  I NEED TO CANCEL ACORN TV AND OTHER SUPLIERS. WHEN IT WORKED BEFORE IT WAS GOOD FOR ENTERTIANMENT.

THANK YOU

SINCERELY

MIRO BARTONIK

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a new Roku Ultra that worked fine for 3 or 4 days and started this also.  At first just cutting out every once in a while until it now just blinks on and off rapidly or goes black and says no signal.  Then comes back on and cuts out again.

I tried most of the suggested things mentioned in this thread, the settings (after patiently navigating for 15 or so minutes as the ROKU flashed on and off), trying a different HDMI cable and plug on our TV.  I finally just put our old ROKU back on because it was completely unusable as it is.  I purchased a new HDMI cable that I will try, but I am not hopeful that is going to fix anything.

TV is a Samsung KU6300.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same problem.  Just transitioned to a new Samsung QN65Q6DR. Auto refresh was already disabled, used 4 different HDMI cables and changed ports.  It settled down after about 10 minutes (but that isn't really a solution...) ;-)  This is with a Roku 3.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Well I went to the store and got a new $20 high quality cable.  It fixed the flickering issues, but caused other issues.  I started getting HDCP Error Detected during streaming.  I did all of the suggested unplugging and powering off and replugging in and it didn't help.  I changed the advanced display settings to 4:2:2 from 4:2:0 and will see if that works.  About ready to return it though...I had less problems with my old Roku 3.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
Did all that and it didn’t work. Your instructions we backwards. The ID# is 90-488-395
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This solution seems to have solved the flicker and lessened the audio dropouts to a fraction of a second every 10 seconds or so. Every channel on every service - Amazon, Disney, Pluto, Sling. All smooth on other devices.

Premier 3920X, software 9.2.0 build 4806-91

Like to get it all the way fixed.

Roku Premiere (3920 series) 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

After purchasing the new cable and unsuccessfully getting everything to play at the highest automatic detected resolution was to manually select the next lower resolution which was 4K 60 Hz, but I think the one causing issues was the 4K HDR @ 30 Hz.  

I am not sure why my original cable worked until the Roku updated.  And I am not sure why the highest automatically selected resolution doesn't work...even though at one point it worked with my original cable perfectly fine.  However I haven't had any issues since lowering the resolution manually.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@OkieShrink Thanks for the note. When we've seen this type of behavior reported in the past, in some cases replacing the HDMI cable currently in use with a new 4K, HDCP 2.2 certified high-speed/premium HDMI cable has helped clear up the issue for some people. It sounds like this may be a solution based on the behavior you are describing, but it's hard to say for sure.

You may also try connecting the device to a different HDMI port as well, swapping the ends of your existing cable, and ensuring that you do not have 'auto-adjust display refresh rate' enabled in Settings>System>Advanced system settings>Advanced display settings. 

Please keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos