Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NickBuol
Level 8

Re: ROKU screen flickering all of a sudden

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD wrote:

@NickBuol 

I took a closer look at the specs for your TV and it is only capable of 720p (progressive scan), however, it appears to support 1080i (interlace). It's possible that somehow the TVs internal reporting of it's capabilities may be causing some confusion for your Roku device. I'll pass your report along to my team to take a closer look, and follow up with you via private message for any additional details that we may need. 

Thanks,

Tanner

@RokuTannerD   Any updates?

0 Kudos
kparedes
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue with my Roku Premiere+ and my LG Smart TV. I've tried different HDMI cables, ports, a different TV, hard reset, but nothing works. I plug in my Roku to power, it shows the "bouncing" Roku screen, then flickers black, then No Signal, then black, over and over again. The light on the Roku itself stays on. 

atc98092
Level 15

Jump to solution

@kparedes wrote:

I'm having the same issue with my Roku Premiere+ and my LG Smart TV. I've tried different HDMI cables, ports, a different TV, hard reset, but nothing works. I plug in my Roku to power, it shows the "bouncing" Roku screen, then flickers black, then No Signal, then black, over and over again. The light on the Roku itself stays on. 

If it's doing that after all those steps, then it most likely is defective. Roku has a pretty good warranty, so hopefully @RokuTannerD or @RokuDanny-R will get back to you for more details. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@NickBuol  No updates as of yet. Just in case, have you contacted your TV manufacturer to see if they have any further support or troubleshooting options available? 

@kparedes  What is the specific TV brand and model that your device is connected to? In Settings>Display type, what option do you currently have selected? 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
kparedes
Level 7

Jump to solution
Tanner - thanks for reaching out. It seems to have resolved itself for now. I turned it on this evening with no issues.
0 Kudos
NickBuol
Level 8

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD wrote:

@NickBuol  No updates as of yet. Just in case, have you contacted your TV manufacturer to see if they have any further support or troubleshooting options available? 

Thanks,

Tanner

Vizio offers no support of this model, and no firmware update exists from what I could find.

The TV works with all over devices via HDMI.  Dish satellite (what we are trying to get rid of with Roku devices for streaming), a Sony Blu-Ray player, and I even tried an XBox One S.  They all work perfectly.  It is just the new Roku Express (2019 version in my case) that doesn't work right.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks @NickBuol I have shared your report with our team and they are taking a look. I'll follow up should we need any additional details from you. Please stay tuned! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager