Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Academy89
Level 7

Re: ROKU screen flickering all of a sudden

Jump to solution

What if my tv doesn’t have that settings option?

0 Kudos
deftwitch
Level 8

Jump to solution
Would need some context. What setting? What are you trying to accomplish?
0 Kudos
Academy89
Level 7

Jump to solution

My tv screen in constantly blinking, was working fine before I left for work and when I got home and turned it on the screen is very dark and blinking 

0 Kudos
deftwitch
Level 8

Jump to solution
4K TV? 1080P How long is the cord run? Do you have a proper HDMI cord? Do you know what version it says it supports, bandwidth, etc.? Does the cord go direct to TV input or is there an AVR along the way? If there is an AVR then there are 2 cords so cord questions applies to both.
0 Kudos
sweet
Level 7

Jump to solution

i cant get to that setting because it is flickering so bad... what next?

0 Kudos
deftwitch
Level 8

Jump to solution
The next is up to you my friend. May it serve you well!
0 Kudos
gciking
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks, my prompt was a little different, but I just reset the video to default and the flickering stopped.  You directions allowed me to correct the problem.

0 Kudos
marcsnaps0000
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue but with my projector and it keeps restarting on us 

0 Kudos
Waahiven
Level 7

Jump to solution

My brand new Vizio 70" TV with 4k HDR 60fps. I bought a new Roku Ultra and I'm having the same issues. 

When I turn the TVs input settings to Full HDR on, everything looks beautiful. But when I turn the TV off or swap inputs, and then try to go back to the Roku. Or turn the TV back on, the Roku flicks static pops and eventually tells me the input has no signal. If I turn Full HDR off the Roku flashes back on. 

I've tried all combinations of settings between the tv and Roku, both on auto detect. Both on full HDR. Advanced Roku display settings, tried all. Please help. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

@Waahiven wrote:

My brand new Vizio 70" TV with 4k HDR 60fps. I bought a new Roku Ultra and I'm having the same issues. 

When I turn the TVs input settings to Full HDR on, everything looks beautiful. But when I turn the TV off or swap inputs, and then try to go back to the Roku. Or turn the TV back on, the Roku flicks static pops and eventually tells me the input has no signal. If I turn Full HDR off the Roku flashes back on. 

I've tried all combinations of settings between the tv and Roku, both on auto detect. Both on full HDR. Advanced Roku display settings, tried all. Please help. 

Check the System/Advanced Display Settings/Frame Rate Matching (might be named slightly different). Make sure that is off. I cannot watch playback of ripped DVDs because the frame rate matching causes video stuttering. It might be causing your issue as well. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos