Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: ROKU screen flickering all of a sudden

Jump to solution

This is only happening on a few channels for me, not all.  I changed the HDMI cable and from 1 to 2 and it still happens.  Any ideas.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

For me, it wasn't a cable issues, but a TV/Monitor video issue.  I fixed mine by resetting the video back to default (factory) settings.  I haven't had a problem since.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

That worked.  Thanks.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Tried all solutions suggested but the screen still flickers from the home page to any of the programmers streamed. Come on Roku, let's get this sorted or you will loose customers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem, I tried so the steps listed in this forum and nothing worked. Even changed the HDMI cable, tried different ports, tried all picture settings on TV, restored factory settings but the screen still flickers even at Roku homepage. To confirm the issue I connected my laptop using HDMI and it works perfectly fine. So there problem is with Roku and this is really annoying.

I guess the only option is to buy another streaming device.  THANKS FOR THE GREAT SUPPORT ROKU.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD When I turn on my tv onto my ruku, I get a flashing( like 5 seconds ) of a black screen, I’ve tried every solution I  saw, but nothing seems to work, please help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

My Roku is less than a year old and has worked fine 2 days ago started flickering and I tried everything and will not stop!! The only thing I don't know is if it got updated but it's driving me nuts 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I was able to resolve the issue. I was having the same issue after I moved. I was using my Roku with the same tv, the same cables, etc.

I checked the 'Auto-adjust display refresh rate' and it was already set to 'Disabled.’ However, I was able to resolve the issue another way. I went to Settings>Display Type and I changed it from ‘Auto Detect’ to the 4K option that matched my tv.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution
Might try my solution before buying a new one. Good luck!

I was able to resolve the issue. I was having the same issue after I moved. I was using my Roku with the same tv, the same cables, etc.

I checked the 'Auto-adjust display refresh rate' and it was already set to 'Disabled.’ However, I was able to resolve the issue another way. I went to Settings>Display Type and I changed it from ‘Auto Detect’ to the 4K option that matched my tv.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’ve followed all of the steps listed here. I do not show the refresh rate mentioned as an option. My flickering comes & goes. Super frustrating but I paid ~$250 for this TV. You get what you pay for?

0 Kudos