Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: ROKU screen flickering all of a sudden

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD Just got my 2nd streaming plus stick and I’m having the same issue. I tried both solutions listed below and neither worked. 

Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Thanks for the notes. If the suggestions above aren't helping resolve the issue, please feel free to follow up with our support team directly here for further assistance: https://support.roku.com/contactus

If you have any other questions, please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Is this really that hard of an issue to fix?  I have a brand new Roku Ultra and the screen suddenly flashes.  Restarted the Roku, powered the TV off an on.  

What is going on?  I'll return it if it continues to happen,.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

your solution is not working for my roku device. i think this has to do with the latest update on the roku devices. I tried plugging both my rokus on the device and they both cause this flickering on my tv. any other suggestions or is there a fix coming out on the roku device?

Level 7

Jump to solution

yea both my rokus are causing this issue on my samsung tv. its forsure has to do something with the latest update on the roku devices. please help or looks like I'm about to be a new owner of amazon's firestick...

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Tried all of the below and the problem continues. Can you help? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have had this problem since the update, but it has not happened in NETFLIX or Prime, which  are my main channels. It does happen on the Home screen.

I did the full factory reset thing and it did not change.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a Tcl tv and tv flickering. Was just on apps but then I reset display and happens on home screen also. Factory reset did not resolve problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Re-seating both ends of the HDMI cable appeared to be the fix needed to stop flickering and bad sound.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I purchased a Roku Streaming Stick+ (Model 3810X, SN YHOO1W128956) on Nov. 28th to stream content through my Bose AV18 receiver and Epson Pro Cinema 1080UB projector in my home theater. 

Since the Bose AV18 does not have HDMI inputs, I used the JTech Model JTDAT5CH audio extractor I was previously using with Chromecast to manage the audio/video inputs from the Roku stick.

At consistent intervals of every 3 min 30 sec, the video will go blank, flicker, green screen, etc. for about 7-10 secs as if the projector is searching for the correct video resolution.  The audio remains good during each video lapse.  If I plug the Roku stick directly into the projector or another TV (Samsung), the video streams without any issue which points back to the audio extractor/Roku stick compatibility.  I thought it might be an issue the JTech unit since it was a couple of years old, so I purchased a new iArkPower audio extractor which worked perfectly for about 2 weeks and then it started producing the same video interruption issue at the same exact frequency as before which confirmed that it is a Roku issue.

Here are my troubleshooting steps/results:

1.  Performed System Restart multiple times (No change)

2.  Purchased new HDMI cable (No change)

2.  Tried multiple Advanced Display Settings and all produced the same video issue at different intervals (Auto-Detect every 3 min 30 sec, 1080p every 3 min 30 sec, 720p every 7 min 0 sec)

3.  Chromecast works flawlessly with both the JTech and iArkPower audio extractors

4.  Roku stick works flawlessly when plugged directly into other TVs

I really like the Roku interface, remote, etc. and would like to utilize it in my home theater without having to upgrade any components.  Is it possible that I have a bad Roku or are there compatibility issues that need to be addressed with the Roku software to handle audio extractors?  I am ready to send the Roku back if Roku doesn't solve the issue quickly.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos