Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dustinr26
Binge Watcher

Re: Daily HDCP Error Since Firmware 11 Update

How do you know they have a fix? Do you by chance know when the next OS update will be did they tell you anything?? Tired of resetting everyday to view simple stuff....

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Re: Daily HDCP Error Since Firmware 11 Update

I was told directly by the manager of the group working on it that they finally figured out what the issue is. I was told it’ll be in the next release “later this year”.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: "HDCP Error Detected" help

@wcharrison355

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more detailed information about the issue you are experiencing?
-What Roku model device are you using?
-what is your TV resolution? 1080p or lower?
-when did you start to see this issue occur?

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by the Support page that you linked in your post. Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HighlyPeturbed
Reel Rookie

Roku HDCP Error 020 issue

In reading the thread on HDCP error 020, it is clear ROKU has no interest and/or no ability to fix the problem.  Pages of users complain that the trouble-shooting steps do nothing to fix the issue.  And yet the moderator simply reposts the link to the 'instructions'.  Unacceptable ROKU.  I writing your brand off.  No more ROKU in this household.

wrecks
Reel Rookie

HDCP Error from Roku Ultra on 1080p TV

I have a Roku Ultra, model 4800X, software version 11.0.0, build 4193-C2.  My Roku is connected to my network with an Ethernet cable (not Wi-Fi).  

I have a 40" Samsung TV (model UN40H6350AFXZA).  Roku reports my display type as "1080p HDCP 1.4".  Display is set to "1080p TV" (not Auto detect).

Everything works fine 90% of the time.  But periodically we start watching Netflix and the dreaded "HDCP Error Detected” message appears.  I have followed the 4 steps suggested, to no avail.  I bought a new HDMI cable, but no help there either.

By trial and error, we have discovered that if we turn the Roku off and then on again, the problem goes away.  But we would sure like it to go away permanently!  Can anyone help?  Please don't suggest https://support.roku.com/article/208755468 as I have been through that many many times.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HDCP Error from Roku Ultra on 1080p TV

Not too long ago they added a "power saving" mode under Settings->System->Power.  Try disabling it.  It seems to wreak havoc with some TVs.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
wrecks
Reel Rookie

Re: HDCP Error from Roku Ultra on 1080p TV

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried it, but then got the HDCP error again about 10 minutes later.  Sigh.

0 Kudos
Jmusich
Roku Guru

Re: HDCP Error from Roku Ultra on 1080p TV with only amazon app

Hello I have many different apps. The only app I have a problem with the  HDCP issue is the Prime app. I see the error not evn long enough to read the screen entirely. Thge HDCP warnimng  then disappears and I can continue watching wij no problem. I have updated the app. My csbles are the bst money can buy. 

0 Kudos
Crawfish

Roku Model 4802X - Roku Ultra DHCP Error 020

Constant HDCP error 020 with this device. I run the Roku through an audio receiver Yamaha RX-V375 into a Sony TV. I can test the display and it auto detects 1080p with hdcp support, or I select 1080p and it also gives me the thumbs up. Once I start any video stream I get the Error 020. I've tried new hdmi cables. I've tried just plugging roku directly into tv using roku ultra provided hdmi cable.  Nothing works to get rid of this garbage copyright scheme. 

My Firetv and Playstation 4 will play all video flawlessly through the receiver.  Very disappointed in Roku.

0 Kudos
Crawfish

Re: Roku Model 4802X - Roku Ultra DHCP Error 020

I should add that it is Version 11.0

0 Kudos