Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EagleGrandpa
Level 9

Re: ROKU Ultra Model 4670X sends overheating message.

If their service quality is impacted by ROKU and they create an unhappy customer base (and they refer you to a different brand of hardware) why not remove the app from the ROKU store? Because they would lose revenue. So, they share responsibility whether directly or indirectly for this issue.

ROKU was willing to give me a new device (under warranty) but when I determined it was just the NBCSports app I said I would hold off. I'm wondering if there could be a different hardware rev that eliminates the issue? Not likely in my opinion.

ROKU and NBCSports...are you listening? Do you care? 

Thunderbox
Level 8

I finally got a reply from Roku support regarding my question if a replacement unit will fix my issue. The support person said yes it would so I am proceeding with a warranty replacement.

On the other hand a support person from NBC sports said to delete the app and then reset my roku and that would fix my issue. Of course he somehow thought it was a lagging video issue. It appeared that it was a boiler plate response when one has an issue.

I am going with a replacement roku for now as I will have to redo all the sign in/ set up on the multiple apps I use, it might as well be with a newer unit.

I will post my results once I get things replaced and tested.

EagleGrandpa
Level 9

Thanks! Please do keep us updated.

0 Kudos
ericerb
Level 7

I also am having overheating problems with my Roku Ultra only when using the NBCSN app. I am a subscriber to the Supercross pass and can't even watch it on my bigscreen because the app literally causes my Roku Ultra to be burning HOT! Really hope NBCSN/ROKU fix this problem!! Also, it doesnt matter if I use wireless internet connection or LAN connection, it still overheats!

0 Kudos
EagleGrandpa
Level 9

I heard quite a bit recently about "Peacock" being available soon. It is NBCUniversal's streaming platform. I wonder if NBCSports will get rolled into that and as a consequence they spend no time on NBCSports app?

0 Kudos
Nugatti
Level 8

I’m having the exact same problem with my 1 month old Ultra and NBC sports cycling pass. Which BTW also no longer include replays of older races. This needs to be fixed ASAP NBC!

0 Kudos
EagleGrandpa
Level 9

I urge you to reach out to NBCSports at support@nbcsports.com to lodge your complaint and make your concerns known. 

0 Kudos
EagleGrandpa
Level 9

I finally received a response to my email to NBCSports app folks. It took them almost 3 weeks to generate this response. Here is their response:

"Thank you for contacting our NBC Sports Support Team and for your feedback.

We really appreciate hearing from our customers because it gives us an opportunity to make your experience even better. Your feedback is very valuable to us. We will be sharing your thoughts with the appropriate department to correct any issues or make any improvements. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks,
Katelynn
NBC Sports Support"
0 Kudos
Nugatti
Level 8

Ha. I emailed them too yesterday and got  word for word the same reply today. Only difference was that mine was from someone named Shea. 

I emailed them about a week ago about the disappearing replays but have yet to hear back on that issue. 

0 Kudos
Nugatti
Level 8

I should also have added that I was able to see the race I wanted (Santos Tour down under) on my new Roku SE streaming stick) without any problems. So this seems to be an Ultra problem