Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GALLEN22
Level 7

ROKU Streaming shut down??

Did Roku shut down all streaming at Midnight Central time on 11-6-20?  I have 4 Rokus (sticks & ultra) and all 4 of them quit working at the same time.  MY INTERNET WORKS FINE AND IT SAYS I'M CONNECTED.  I AM ON MY COMPUTER USING THE INTERNET NOW.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU Streaming shut down??

With the exception of The Roku Channel, all the channel streams you get on your Roku come from the servers operated by those channels, not from Roku.

All three of my active Rokus are working normally.

If you have a mobile phone with a wifi hotspot, try seeing if you can connect a Roku to the hotspot account to see if that works. 

If all your streamers went down at the same time, that suggests a problem at a common point shared by all of them -- which would seem to be your cable modem and router.

This has always worked for me when I've had network connection problems with my Rokus:

• Restart your router (even if other devices have no problem finding and connecting).
  • Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart (for a Roku TV it's Settings > System > Power > System restart)
  • Find and connect to your network via Settings> Network > Set up connection

If that doesn't fix it, try disconnecting the power to your Roku for a few seconds.  When it comes back up, see if you then can set up the network connection.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos