Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stoutman
Level 7

ROKU Premiere status low power when USB adapter is used

Jump to solution

I am using the USB adapter and cable which came with the Roku Premiere and I continue to get the low power error message telling me to plug it into the wall when it is already plugged into the wall. I swapped out for another adapter and no difference.

I see others having this same issue, but Roku employees are not posting any useful information on these posts. Just to send them a PM with serial etc. Posting what the problem is would be nice so we know what is up. Defective design or what? Warranty replacement needed? Anything would be nice.

So now I wait for a response so I can provide my serial number...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: ROKU Premiere status low power when USB adapter is used

Jump to solution

@Stoutman 

Thanks for the post.

As @makaiguy mentioned, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Send a private message to @RokuDanny-R with your particulars.  Click on his name to bring up his profile, then click the purple "Sent this user a private message" button.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Stoutman 

Thanks for the post.

As @makaiguy mentioned, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
shmastreamer
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. It worked fine for about 6 months now it keeps showing the low power warning. After i unplug it for awhile then plug it back in it works again for a little while. I think all the Rokus are defective since i see many people with different versions all having the same problem. I will not buy another one thats for sure.

Golden1
Level 7

Jump to solution

Our Roku Premiere shows the low power message when plugged into the TV, but when we plug it into the wall the TV no longer recognizes the Roku at all.  Turned it all off and on a couple times, but the situation remains the same. 

Suggestions?

S524
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue on my year-old Roku Premiere. I've tried a number of different solutions: three different HDMI cords, two different power cords (in addition to the one provided by Roku), plugging into the wall, plugging into power strips. None of these solutions are working and my Roku is unusable because I am always stuck on the "Low Power" screen, which does not allow me to do anything else with my device.

We have been longtime Roku customers (almost ten years of use over many different devices) but this is incredibly frustrating and disappointing that our newest device isn't even good for a year before it becomes unusable. I am considering purchasing another company's device to replace this broken Roku Premiere because it seems that Roku no longer makes reliable devices. And, depending on whether I can get a solution to this problem, I will most likely not be purchasing any more Roku devices again in the future.

I clicked on @RokuDanny-R profile but can't see where to send a private message. Can someone from Roku please reach out to me to help?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Saw your post, @S524.
I have passed along your information to our Support team and responded to your private message. Our team will get in touch with you via email and will help you thereon!
Kind regards,
Mary

0 Kudos