Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

ROKU EXPRESS FLASHING ON POWER UP

I PURCHASED A ROKU EXPRESS FROM AMAZON IN NOVEMBER. WORKS GREAT WHEN IT TURNS ON. THE ISSUE WE ARE HAVING IS THAT AFTER IS AUTO POWERS OFF, THE NEXT TIME WE TURN IT ON, THE SCREEN FLASHES. I HAVE TO UNPLUG IT, WAIT 30 SECONDS, THEN TURN IT BACK ON. THEN IT WORKS FINE... UNTIL THE NEXT TIME IS AUTO POWERS OFF. I HAVE CHANGED USB CORDS AND HDMI CORDS AND TRIED IT ON MULTIPLE TV'S. I VAE ALSO DONE A HARD RESET ON THE DEVICE TWICE, AS WELL. IT DOES NOT HAVE ANY ISSUES CONNECTING TO THE NETWORK OR PLAYING SHOWS ONCE IT IS RESET. PLEASE HELP!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: ROKU EXPRESS FLASHING ON POWER UP

Have you ever figured out the issue on yours?  I see you didn't get an answer here.  After turning the TV off for the evening and coming back the next afternoon to watch TV the ROKU will not come on - no flash - just nothing.  We have to unplug the power cord and then plug it back up and then it works fine the rest of the evening.  We purchased our Roku Express+ on May 17 this year.  Worked fine when we first set it up.  Maybe about a week later it has started powering itself off and won't come back on unless we unplug power.  Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos