Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaycss
Level 7

ROKU Channel keeps freezing the picture about every 20-30 seconds, but the audio keeps playing.

ONLY on the ROKU Channel the picture keeps freezing about every 20-30 seconds, but the audio keeps playing. If I hit the BACK button (not the rewind) and then choose "Resume", the movie will start back playing for another 20-30 seconds. Then the video freezes up again.

This doesn't happen on NETFLIX or DISNEY PLUS. Just on movies on the ROKU Channel.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
Vypir
Level 7

Re: ROKU Channel keeps freezing the picture about every 20-30 seconds, but the audio keeps playing.

Mine too, has been going on for a few months now.  Not as often as yours, but every once in a while it will just lock on an image and I need to exit the channel to get it going again.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: ROKU Channel keeps freezing the picture about every 20-30 seconds, but the audio keeps playing.

Hi @Vypir,

We're sorry to hear that you're having this experience with The Roku channel. I will do our best to assist you.

Kindly remove the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos