Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cracky
Level 7

Purple screen saying insufficient power pops up freezing g Roku even though plugged directly in

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Purple screen saying insufficient power pops up freezing g Roku even though plugged directly in

Jump to solution

@Cracky 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Purple screen saying insufficient power pops up freezing g Roku even though plugged directly in

Jump to solution

@Cracky 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
sp97
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. After trying all the recommended fixes, I bought a new usb cord from Roku. It's plugged into the wall. I've tried other usb adaptors, a power strip, etc. The screen is frozen so how do I find the serial # on my express? 

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

If it's not written on it somewhere you should be able to get it from the list of linked devices shown at https://my.roku.com .

0 Kudos
sp97
Level 7

Jump to solution

So if none of the suggestions for fixing this work and the replacement usb cord I bought from Roku didn't help, what am I supposed to do?

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

If it's still under warranty: 
https://support.roku.com/article/208757058-Step-by-step-instructions-for-returns-and-warranty-replac...

If not, I guess you've just got a dead device.  Try contacting one of the moderators to see if they can help.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@sp97

Thanks for the follow up.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos