Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2007fsr
Level 7

Purple screen, not hdcp issue

I have a brand new Roku Express. I previously had an express on this TV with no problems. When I plug it in, it goes through the regular startup process, connects to wireless and then goes to an all-purple screen. Never goes to the home screen and won't go any further. if I wait about 5 minutes it will return the startup screen, asking which language. I thought I had a bad Roku so I purchased another one and have the same problem. I've tried three different HDMI cables and I have also flipped them from end to end with multiple disconnect and connect sequences. Not sure what to do at this point

2 REPLIES 2\
kschweik
Level 7

Re: Purple screen, not hdcp issue

I'm having the exact same problem! I really hope there is an answer.

RokuTannerD
Level 19

Re: Purple screen, not hdcp issue

@kschweik @2007fsr Thanks for the notes here. A blank purple screen is another method that may be used by some TVs to indicate an HDCP error or issue negotiating your display. See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/208755468-what-should-i-do-if-i-see-a-hdcp-error-detected-message-o...

Have you tried connecting your devices to a different TV to see if the same issue occurs? 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos