Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BethLK

Protected license content error

Both Disney+ and Peacock. I am not able to watch anything. Was working just fine yesterday and then all the sudden stopped and then gave me this error code. Have done a network connection restart and have restarted my tv. Nothing is working. 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Protected license content error

Did you restart your mode/router?  Where are you located?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Protected license content error

@BethLK wrote:

Both Disney+ and Peacock. I am not able to watch anything. Was working just fine yesterday and then all the sudden stopped and then gave me this error code. Have done a network connection restart and have restarted my tv. Nothing is working. 

Try:

1) Check for updates:  Settings/System/System updates/Check now - try again

2) Restart Roku TV: Settings/System/Power/System restart/Restart - try again

3) Unplug your Roku TV from AC power for 5-10 minutes - try again

0 Kudos
Katchy

Protected content license error

I have had a roku Express for 4 years. I received this error :Protected content license error" when playing a particular channel.  One other channel wont play at all. Other free channels work fine through roku.  I am able to use portable devices to stream these 2 channels.

I see there were questions and a fix for the ultra model but no mention of the Express. I have tried a reset and a new hdmi cable. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Protected content license error

@Katchy

Thanks for the post.

What specific channel are you experiencing this issue with? Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ItchnSC

This didn't work for me.

Get this message on AMC+, but for only one show in a series.

I tried your fix, along with others I've seen online. Nothing works.  I'm using a Roku TCL TV, streaming wifi.

MChan6

Any luck fixing? We are having the same issue. One series on one TV. I've uninstalled/reinstalled, restarted, updated..nothing is working

I have the same thing as well with amc+ I've deleted, reinstalled, restarted my TV and even factory reset, Ive not even had this TV for 2 months