Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kmajta

Problems with remote, low power, overheating and streaming

I'm having major issues with my roku stick+. I've only had it for 3 months and about a month and a half ago it began having issues. It keeps saying low power, even though it's plugged into an outlet, a message will pop up that the device is overheating (I am getting sent an HDMI extender, but it's on backorder til April), my remote doesn't work half the time so I have to take the batteries out and put them back in, it's super slow at responding to commands and I pretty much half to unplug it each time I use it or it simply won't work properly. I've also noticed lip syncing issues on cert apps. Does anyone else have these issues and do you have any advice? I'm at my wits end and am about to just go and buy a smart TV cause it's just frustrating at this point.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Problems with remote, low power, overheating and streaming

@Kmajta 

I know the overheating thing points away from this, but I do want to go down this path to make sure this isn't at least a contributing factor.

Go to Settings > System > About and find the channel on which your Roku is operating. Some channels seem to be more susceptible than others regarding interference from other networks nearby. Note that the interference doesn't have to be from an item on the same network. Let's rule this out before you go down the path of a return.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos