Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thestep
Level 7

Problems with audio and picture

At least daily we are having to reset our Roku because of audio and playback issues. Suddenly the picture will be zoomed in so that only part of the picture is visible or there will be no audio, regardless of channel or volume.

The only way to fix these issues is to unplug the Roku device from the TV, wait a few seconds, and plug it back in. We may be in the middle of a show or movie when these issues occur and will have to go through this process and find the program to resume watching.

3 REPLIES 3\
ph6
Level 7

Re: Problems with audio and picture

I wish I had an answer or help for you but I don't.  I am having the same issue as well.  I even switched my Roku to a different TV but continues to happen.  Currently, it will not reset the volume.  I can view the program but can't hear it.  I have looked all over the "help/support" and can't find a resolution to this issue.  Resetting is not working for me.  I hope someone has an answer since I am unable to find even an email to ask Roku directly.  

0 Kudos
MO2
Level 7

During any program, my screen keeps flashing -- either a white flash or a black frame -- every ten seconds or so. Making it impossible to watch anything. No phone support and no meaningful online support. I'm sorry I ever paid a penny for this terrible little device that's proven so unreliable during the time I've owned it. It's worthless junk!

0 Kudos
Penny49
Level 7

Same issue. And they send me offers to buy more and no support 

0 Kudos