Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Roku player and Sony tv

Hi everyone!
I have a tv (Sony KLV-32L500A) and player Roku Express + (3910x). My problem is when I want to use the player, I haven't boot animation or any image (with HDMI). I tried with the A/V connection, and the same results. But In another tv work Ok. I remember that 1 year ago aprox. I used this tv (32L500A) and was working Ok...
I think that some update maybe is the cause of my problem.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Problems with Roku player and Sony tv

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are seeing.

We recommend that you try using another HDMI cord and a different HDMI port on your TV to see if that clears things up.

If that doesn't work, please send me a private message with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll follow up with you directly to see what other recommendations we can make. 

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Problems with Roku player and Sony tv

"RokuDanny-R" wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are seeing.

We recommend that you try using another HDMI cord and a different HDMI port on your TV to see if that clears things up.

If that doesn't work, please send me a private message with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll follow up with you directly to see what other recommendations we can make. 

Thanks,
Danny

Hi
I have tried both things (another HDMI port and other cord), but the player keep not booting. Even with the A/V connections. Is like the newest firmware made incompatible the use between both elements. I will send you a private message with the info.
Thanks.
0 Kudos