Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Problems with Roku Streaming Stick overheating

Jump to solution

No. They suck. Buy an Amazon fire stick. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

They suck

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Common problem. Roku sucks. 

0 Kudos
MountainGamer
Level 8

Jump to solution

Just saying they suck or running out and spending money is not a solution if your going to post post constructive. 

0 Kudos
MountainGamer
Level 8

Jump to solution

If you have alot of disposable income you can send me a Firestick, I'll gladly accept.

0 Kudos
Onegreatsteak
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have 3 Roku premiers. One shows overheating. It’s in open air. Even before message shows it’s hotter than the others. 
no obvious way on this page to send message to Roku support hope this works.

0 Kudos
TBar1959
Level 8

Jump to solution

I had the same problem, I tried the extender and it still overheated. They need to put heat sinks on them. But that would dip into there profits if they did that. Before they had the sticks their was never a problem with overheating. Until they came out with the sticks. Now nothing but problems.

0 Kudos
jcgc50
Level 9

Jump to solution

I only had a Roku 3 before the stick which did not do 4K only HD. It was always astonishingly hot and ultimately starting having issues or restarting on its own. Heat generally isn't kind to electronics.

I wonder if anyone has tried an Amazon Fire Stick and knows if it has problems. I've never owned one but I've seen the home screen and don't like the interface.

0 Kudos
hybucket
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have 3 FireSticks. 2 of the older models, one the latest. Never a problem with Overheating. I have one Roku...they sent me a replacement for an Overheating one, and the new one is still the same.

Love the Firesticks. Not that different operationally from the Roku.  Like that you can download apps from outside sources.

0 Kudos
TBar1959
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have a sling and love it. No problems!!

0 Kudos