Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Problems with Roku Streaming Stick overheating

I would like to reply but this forum keeps failing to authenticate my contribution where it dumps all my work... leaving nothing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Oh yes "Roku Streaming Stick" add x1 Shelf bracket. Do you get a voucher for the other one one?

Sorry just lost an hours contributing after this forum app folded!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Voucher? Never heard of that. Or a shelf? Please help!

Highlighted
Level 8

Waiting to receive what? How can I get one? Please help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I have no idea if this is going through. How can I receive one? Please help! Mine overheats daily. Had a nightmare it burned the house down. WOW!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I took mine apart the top plastic pqrt needs to stay off and attach heatsinks to the metal Roku heatsink attach heatsinks with thermal materal. I can see why everyone is having problems. The bottom plastic piece has only a cheap thin metal strip with a blob of non conductive paste making contact with the pcb.

Mine only reaches 95c tops steaming several hours of 4k video now opposed to 115c prior to the mod.

Highlighted
Level 8

Ya like inadequate thermal dissipation.

0 Kudos
Level 8

That would help if the thinking was the problem is due to approximation to other devices radiating heat but sadly that's not the case despite what Roku is peddling the units cannot handle the heat they are generating . ie a design flaw !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Most all heating problems are 4k units. Are you saying you had a 4k stick years ago ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Have had this streaming stick + for less than a year. Tonight watching a 4K show on Prime Video and got the heat warning message. The stick is plugged into an HDMI port without an extender and gets power from a USB port. Changed to the non-4K version of the show and had no further problem.

Ordered the extender from Roku and hope that resolves the issue.

0 Kudos