Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cspiby
Level 7

Problem with Roku Express HDMI

I above a Roku Express 2017, I have it plugged into a Samsung HT-F5500 which is for my surround sound.

The problem I am having is that after a few minutes I get a snowy screen which alternates between grey and green, the snow is made up of multicoloured dots all over the screen, the sound continues to work and if I switch source and back again, the display comes back.

https://youtu.be/oDdr_yFSTA8

I have tried changing cables and replacing them with the shortest possible ones.

If I put the Roku directly into the TV it works fine, but my TV doesn't send Dolby Digital back over the ARC HDMI so I only get stereo sound.

I have tried changing the resolution of the Roku down to 720p but it still occurs.

Any ideas?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Problem with Roku Express HDMI

I tried finding a manual for the Samsung HT-F5500 without luck. It sounds like there's some issue with your HDMI in on the Samsung, but without the manual I can't see if there's any setting that might be available. The fact it works correctly plugged directly into the TV indicates the Roku isn't the problem. Any chance you can get your hands on a different AVR to try and see if it works? 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
cspiby
Level 7

Re: Problem with Roku Express HDMI

Unfortunately not, however the PS4, PC, PS3 and Xbox all work fine.
0 Kudos