Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
radcock
Level 7

Problem with Optical Cable

I have a Roku Premier with a Samsung smart TV and a Samsung soundbar. I have always connected my TV to the soundbar using an optical digital cable. The Roku and TV have always worked fine. Now, the Roku does not connect when the soundbar is set on the optical cable. I have to connect with Bluetooth. The TV still works fine. I have tried a new optical cable, but that did not help. Has something changed recently?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
cahrsohn
Level 7

Re: Problem with Optical Cable

Did you ever figure this out? I bought a Samsung Soundbar and I can't connect via Optical... (there is no HDMI)

0 Kudos
rsugibay
Level 7

Re: Problem with Optical Cable

I have a similar issue. I want to "de-link" my Vizio soundbar from my Roku TV, i.e., powering on the TV does not power on the soundbar. I was told that HDMI is problematic, so try using an optical cable. However, the optical I have provided by Vizio, cannot be plugged into the Roku TV (different plug shape?).

0 Kudos