Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Problem playing HEVC with AC-4 audio files on Ultra 2020

I have an Ultra 2020 that can easily play mp4 media files encoded with HEVC H265 video and Dolby AC-4 audio in both stereo and 5.1 multichannel.

However, when I try to play TS files of an ATSC 3.0 broadcast, containing the same codecs of HEVC and AC-4, there is no audio, only the video comes through, regardless of HDMI audio settings on the Roku.

Is it possible to play ATSC 3.0 captured streams with the Ultra?

The Roku is on firmware 9.3.1 and connected directly to my Sony X900F.

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Problem playing HEVC with AC-4 audio files on Ultra 2020

Me too. It is kind of why I upgraded to the new Ultra 2020 (fine print says it supports AC-4 audio, apparently it does so through the USB only???? 

I see this issue with my HDHomerun ATSC 3.0 Quattro. I get great OTA signals here in Portland, OR. When I added the HDHomerun app from the Microsoft Store, it informed me that I had to download Codec files to have Windows 10 be able to play audio--I did, and it worked.

So now... the HDHomerun App on Roku works, all non-ATSC 3.0 channels have both audio and video but the main networks (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC) all come in with no sound.

Any solve/update info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

0 Kudos