Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private listening tv speakers do not turn off

Hi everyone, this is my first post on these forums.

Product: Roku Express+

The issue I am having is that when I try to turn on private listening, sound still comes from the tv. I've seen that by inputting a code, it is possible set the roku on this setting, which may have been what happened. The problem is that I do not know how to turn this feature off. When I plug in the headphones, and switch it to private listening, I get sound from both the headphones and the tv. I have tried disconnecting the roku and reconnecting it, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my phone, but neither has worked. Any idea what I should do?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
renojim
Level 10

Re: Private listening tv speakers do not turn off

It sounds to me like you have a feature that many have asked for in the past. Smiley Happy How about just muting the TV?

-JT
0 Kudos

Re: Private listening tv speakers do not turn off

That's what I'm doing now. It works, it just annoys me because it did work correctly when I first got it, and don't know why it doesn't now, or what I did. Smiley Happy
0 Kudos