Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manning2012
Level 7

Private listening not working on Ultra

Model Number: 4660X - Roku Ultra

Serial Number: YJ005D313324

Software version: 9.3.0 build 4170-46

Device ID: CK48A5313324

Please help. The headphone jack does not work all of a sudden. Replace the headphones and still have the same problem. It works for about 1 second as you move the jack but that is it. Does not work.

Michelle

[personal information removed]

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Private listening not working

@Manning2012 

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
7039alb
Level 7

Re: Private listening not working

I just bought the Roku Ultra and installed the Roku Mobile App on my iPhone.  I am using ear buds.  I see the headphone icon on the TV, but no sound in my earbuds.  What's up??  I paid a lot for the Ultra!

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Private listening garbled with Ultra

Just got an Ultra (6DEC20?) to allow for private listening. Problem is, out of the box, the sound is garbled for the earphones (tried different ones, same results). Sound from the TV itself is just fine, but  not out of the remote's earphone connection. Tried moving the ULTRA away from other equipment. Didn't help. Tried taking the remote further way from other stuff (Radio, CD player/radio). This does not appear to be an RF interference issue. Also tried the two different earphones with a different remote for a different ROKU setup on a different TV and sound was just fine.

0 Kudos