Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrAmorris82
Level 7

Private Listening

Why does it suck?Love the Roku but I hate that private listening has never worked. All proposed solutions in fixing the issue never works. Rokus reply of “ maybe your internet connection is weak “ is unacceptable. I had considered buy at least 3 more roku products, for my home and as gifts but this is a major issue I can’t overlook.

3 REPLIES 3\
lesmikesell
Level 13

Re: Private Listening

It is dependent on your wifi quality.  No one else can fix that.

0 Kudos
Shree
Level 7

What’s the recommended internet speed. I can assure you that I’ve never faced issues with anything because of my internet speed and it would be weird if you told me that 5Mbps connection is not enough for the private listening to work. 

0 Kudos
lesmikesell
Level 13

Private listening uses your local wifi connection and router, not the internet connection to the router, so it is related to your in-home hardware but not the speed of your connection to the internet.

If you are streaming content from the internet over wifi to the roku device or TV and also using private listening your wifi must have the capacity to handle both.

0 Kudos