Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Puzzled
Level 7

Prime video

Was watching channel and it went black.   Have sound but no picture.  Other channels working fine.  Anyone else have this problem. 

24 Replies
RCP712
Level 8

Re: Prime video

I started having this problem with Amazon Prime just today.  We get sound but no picture! How frustrating!!!  Did you ever fix yours? If yes, how did you do it?

Maxwellt
Level 8

I'm having the same problem on one device, but not on the other. All of a sudden Amazon prime only has sound but no picture.

Raerae34
Level 7

Hulu, netflix, funimation, prime, vudu... All of mine are doing this! Nothing I do is fixing the problem !

heeeeeelp #customersupport

0 Kudos
Cheryl3
Level 8

Yes, I'm experiencing the very same problem and don't know how to resolve it. Prime video is totally black screen while audio works just fine. Netflix and others are fine too. Who do we contact, I wonder.

Maxwellt
Level 8

I got Prime to work!  This might not work for you, but here goes:

So, the problem was that on Amazon Prime I was only getting audio and not video, right?

I was using composite video to feed the signal to the display, because I'm going through an older A/V mixer for good audio. Since the Roku that was still working in another room was set up on HDMI, I decided to try using HDMI direct to the display where I wasn't getting a Prime picture. That worked. The only problem is that when I set it back like it had been, with the video running composite, it still worked. I expected it not to, but it worked. At that point I decided to leave it set up with the HDMI, as it does have a better picture. If I actually use the VCR or the DVD player, I'll just have to set the display back to composite.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Maxwellt
Level 8

Oh, so maybe just unplug your cables and plug them back in and see what happens. As far as contacting anyone at Roku, I think we are screwed.  They said to go here.

0 Kudos
C_Charpes04
Level 7

Same problem with Amazon Prime - audio, no video. It worked fine two days ago!

Amazon Prime customer support suggested it was a Roku issue since I was able to stream APV on my android.

🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

0 Kudos
RCP712
Level 8

Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure what all that means what you did with yours, but we only have one TV and a computer/monitor, and the TV is an older model.  I've unplugged and plugged it back up. I've deleted the app and restored it on ROKU. I have updated everything. I have changed the display back and forth from widescreen.  I've turned ROKU off and back on again. And probably repeated it all with no change. It works fine on the computer, but it's still a blank screen on the TV. 

0 Kudos
Farquhrd
Level 7

Mine is an older television also with no HDMI option. Not sure how to fix it either, but kinda glad it’s not just me having this issue.

0 Kudos