Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Prime video drops frames

Just purchased the new roku express 3930EU and Netflix and nowtv seem to be perfect! 

However watching a few movies on prime video, I’m noticing a lot of frames being dropped, especially noticeable in panning scenes. Titles I’ve seen this on are twister, back to the future, final destination, the island. Seems pretty much all of them. 

I’ve tried removing the channel, reinstalling, changed wifi channel, using usb power vs wall power etc but prime still has this problem. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Prime video drops frames

I have changed the display type in roku settings to 720p and the judder has now gone when watching prime video. Are you sure this is a prime video channel issue as I was noticing this same behaviour in the sky news app live stream. Please could you investigate. I think I will return this unit as faulty as it’s clearly not doing as it should and I’m not feeling much traction with the support side apart from the usual silly things like please try rebooting, removing the channel etc etc 

0 Kudos