Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
survivor88
Level 7

Prime video doesn't support Arabic subtitles

Prime video on roku doesn't support Arabic subtitles, same videos on prime video on my phone have Arabic subtitle but the one on roku express never have them.

2 REPLIES 2\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Prime video doesn't support Arabic subtitles

I think the Roku firmware in general is very limited in what character sets are supported.  There have been many requests over the years in the developers forum to support other character sets, but they've all fallen on deaf ears.  Bearing in mind that Roku is only supported in certain regions of the world I wouldn't expect any support forthcoming, but you never know.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Armin
Level 7

Re: Prime video doesn't support Arabic subtitles

I have the same problem with my newly purchased Roku TV, and I can't believe Roku do not support other encodings subtitles! There are thousands of non-English speakers living in the regions such as US and Canada that Roku sell its products. Arabic, Persian and Hebrew native speakers are totally being ignored by Roku. I read that Japanese and Koreans actually all non-Latin languages have the same problem.

People are asking Roku for adding other encoding support even since 2013! I had much older TVs in Tizen that was able to show persian and Arabic subtitles easily!

0 Kudos