Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nfritsch
Level 7

Premiere+ stopped outputting dolby digital

I have a Premiere+ connected to an Onkyo TX-NR646 receiver. I noticed today that it stopped outputting dolby digital, and now only outputs PCM. I have played with the settings both on the receiver and on the roku, no luck.
In parallel I have a chromecast ultra connected to the same receiver, and it plays D+ just fine - which makes me believe it is not a receiver issue.

Any idea on how to fix the problem?

Cheers,
Nicolas
0 Kudos
5 Replies
jontalk
Level 7

Re: Premiere+ stopped outputting dolby digital

What firmware version are you running?
Roku 3 - Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
LG OLED55B7A, Roku 3, Marantz SR-6005, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds.
0 Kudos
nfritsch
Level 7

Software version 8.1.0, build 4159 (updated yesterday).
0 Kudos
speechles
Level 7

Same issue. Same firmware version. Roku ultra #4640

It also bugs me that if you disable DD+ because the Roku can still decode it, it shows up in the audiodecodeinfo() section of rodeviceinfo. If I tell the Roku I don't want DD+ it should respect that wish. Not have it populate as part of rodeviceinfo and audiodecodeinfo() showing support for 6 channel and then dumbing down to stereo. So Roku will turn your EAC3 DD+ into stereo since you disabled it on the hdmi. Then in doing so ruins the HDMI sync. Now it's super sloooww mo audio. Liikkkeee talkkkkiiinnngg reeeaallllyyy sllooowwww. I have to turn the TV on and off to regain sync every time and super annoying. Happens with newest update so everyone enjoy. Or try to avoid DD+, or witness it's devil speak slow mo voices on audio. It sounds like the devil talking. It seriously slows every sound down on the Roku once it downmixes this way. Have to restart the Roku to get it back to normal so that you don't need to turn the TV on and off every time you change from a stereo to surround sound video and vice versa. Only using Dolby solves the issue. Avoid dobly digital plus. DTS can't tell don't have pass through device to check.
0 Kudos
jontalk
Level 7

Pretty scary...I'm not having this problem with my Roku 3 running the same firmware version. I was contemplating upgrading to the Premiere + or Ultra, but it seems both devices no longer pass DD through which sucks.
Roku 3 - Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
LG OLED55B7A, Roku 3, Marantz SR-6005, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds.
0 Kudos
dcorreia
Level 7

Same issue here with 4630X. Can't seem to get anything more than 2.0 working in any configuration scenario. Used to work just fine before.
0 Kudos