Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premiere+ started to hang with HDR subsampling 4:2:2

I've been using my Premiere+ with sub sampling 4:2:2 and starting this morning my Roku just froze up using this. I started to troubleshoot and found that this only happens when subsampling 4:2:2 is activated. Whatever was pushed overnight this morning is causing Roku players to use high memory where it freezes up. Please take a look and fix this. 
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Premiere+ started to hang with HDR subsampling 4:2:2

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note here. Could you please provide more information about your device and setup so we can help take a closer look:

- What specific model of Premiere+ are you using? (Settings>System>About)
- What software version and build is your device currently running? (Settings>System>About)
- What specific channel(s) and example content are you watching when you observe this issue? Does this occur in other channels?
- What make/model of TV is your Roku device connected to?
- Are you using any A/V receiver or sound bar in between your Roku device and the TV? 
- If you change the subsampling setting, to 4:2:0 for example, does the same issue occur? 

Please feel free to PM me with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About and I'll follow up directly to assist you further. 

Thanks!
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
MikeMurphy78
Level 7

Re: Premiere+ started to hang with HDR subsampling 4:2:2

I have a Marantz SR7010 and a Vizio M75-E1. When choosing 4:2:2 HDR subsampling in the advanced video display menu, I get disconnected video when I choose display type of 4K HDR 60Hz. The tests are passed, but the video disconnects. I cannot play YouTube/Netflix/Vudu 2160p content, it disconnects. If I go back to 4:2:0, everything works fine.