Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rjp34652
Level 7

Premiere + NO 1080p

My ROKU Premiere + is a couple years old.   Connected via ethernet and HDMI cable its worked fine until two days ago.  Suddenly it stopped detecting 1080p capability of my TV and would only send 720p.  Changed input ports on the TV as well as HDMI cable and multiple attempts to reboot ROKU and reset resolution have all failed. 

ROKU customer support is nonexistent and I am reluctant to cough up money to buy another unit.  I've read in some places that ROKU pushed out an update that corrupted the Premiere + (so as to encourage the upgrade purchase to an ULTRA unit no doubt).

What do I do except bite the bullet and admit I've been played?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Stream45
Level 7

Re: Premiere + NO 1080p

Darn right about no customer service. I’m simply trying to get a channel that requires a 3600x (from my 3400x). Upgrade info??

I’ve given up getting an answer. I want to add a channel that requires this. 
Does anyone know what I need to upgrade?  
Thank you. It would not let me post my question! 
Regards! 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Stream45 

Thanks for the note.

What channel are you trying to add that you currently cannot watch with your Roku Streaming Stick (3400)?

If you are looking for what devices you can upgrade to in order to view that channel's content, you would need to reach out to the channel provider to see what devices that channel supports.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Stream45
Level 7

Hi Danny, 

I want to add Fubo, who advised my 3400 will NOT work. Will need at least 3600.  Please advise if the Roku Streaming Stick 3801R will work in place for upgrade? Fubo advises that is fine. If so I can order it.
Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Stream45
Level 7

( Sorry, I meant upgrade from 3400! Tired!)

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Stream45 

Thanks for the note.

If you've reached out to the channel provider and they have confirmed that their channel will support the device, then you should be fine.

For more information regarding what devices are supported, visit their Support page here: https://support.fubo.tv/hc/en-us/articles/115001250191-Roku-Device-Requirements

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos