Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Level 17

Re: Premiere + Lipsync Problems persist

Many people have expressed the hatred (ok, maybe not that strong, perhaps serious dislike) of the preview play in Netflix. Perhaps they've actually listened to user feedback and disabled it. Personally, I hope so, because I don't care for it myself.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
bvd1022
Level 10

"atc98092" wrote:
Many people have expressed the hatred (ok, maybe not that strong, perhaps serious dislike) of the preview play in Netflix. Perhaps they've actually listened to user feedback and disabled it. Personally, I hope so, because I don't care for it myself.

I personally like it. As I have said on the forum before, it has allowed me to preview and subsequently watch content that I might not have otherwise. The new Roku stick I also just purchased has the preview play feature so I guess it's a software issue though my premiere + updated firmware this morning to 7.6, but I doubt that will make a difference unless Netflix updates their software for the device I guess.
0 Kudos
thenizzle
Level 7

THEY HAVE FIXED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have not used my Roku since Feb.  I got on last night and just for hell of it checked for an update.  Sure enough, there was.  I applied it.

I fired up IRON MAN which is in DTS and guess what.  The initial scene with Tony Stark talking in back of tank is IN SYNCH WITH DTS NOW!!  

YOU GUYS FIXED THE DTS PROBLEM!!  This is a time to use ALL CAPS AND !!!

Thanks, ROKU.  You have done it.  Your product sucks MUCH less now.  Good job to all involved, ask your bosses for a raise.
0 Kudos
jmatcuk
Level 7

"thenizzle" wrote:
THEY HAVE FIXED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have not used my Roku since Feb.  I got on last night and just for flower of it checked for an update.  Sure enough, there was.  I applied it.

I fired up IRON MAN which is in DTS and guess what.  The initial scene with Tony Stark talking in back of tank is IN SYNCH WITH DTS NOW!!  

YOU GUYS FIXED THE DTS PROBLEM!!  This is a time to use ALL CAPS AND !!!

Thanks, ROKU.  You have done it.  Your product sucks MUCH less now.  Good job to all involved, ask your bosses for a raise.

@thenizzie, if you have a Netflix subscription, would you be willing to test this specific example for me?
In the Netflix Original Show, "The OA" on episode 7 of season 1 at the 7:16 mark there is a scene with 4 people, 3 of which are talking and the lip sync is horrible.
If you are using 5.1 and able to hear the talking in sync, that would convince me to consider re-purchasing a roku premiere+.
0 Kudos
rockou
Level 9

I know I have a Roku Ultra but I went to that scene in The OA 1st season 7th episode 7:16 mark and the lip sync on all 4 people talking was fine. using DD+ 5.1
4K HDR TV: Samsung UN60KS8000
4K HDR Receiver: Yamaha RX-V381
4K HDR blu ray: Samsung UBD-K8500
4K HDR streamer: Roku Ultra 4640 (2016 model)
4K HDR Gaming: Xbox One X
4K HDR DVR: Directv Genie HS17-500 w/ C61K mini client
Cables: Amazon Basics 18Gbps HDMI
0 Kudos
mihalski
Level 7

Id had the problem previously.. And I complained big time.. But now I'm confident enough to order a second Roku Premiere+.
0 Kudos
jmatcuk
Level 7

"rockou" wrote:
I know I have a Roku Ultra but I went to that scene in The OA 1st season 7th episode 7:16 mark and the lip sync on all 4 people talking was fine. using DD+ 5.1

Thanks rockou! I was considering asking for a Roku for a birthday gift again. So i may just put it on the list.
0 Kudos
jmatcuk
Level 7

Alright, I wanted to help out at well. I picked up another Roku Premiere+ and tested all of the channels that I was having issues with and they are all working again without Lip Sync issues. I am running software version 7.6.0.
0 Kudos
schafer
Level 7

I recently purchased a roku premiere plus. I bought it to watch Netflix. Netflix is out of sync. I have updated the system and tried the various audioi settings. No luck. Still out of sync.
My serial number on the box is 7KA6A9337735. The model is 4630X.

Suggestions?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
john262
Level 7

For what it's worth, lip sync problems are a problem across many platforms. I remember I used to have that problem with some channels when I had Directv, and now I sometimes have the problem with OTA channels. My TV has a setting for correcting lip sync problems but it doesn't seem to completely solve the problem either.
0 Kudos