Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blthomas80
Level 7

Premiere Audio Sync Issues with Amazon and Netflix

As suggested, I'm creating a new thread for my audio sync issue.

Received a new Premiere over Christmas. Have observed audio sync issue with both Netflix and Amazon.

Premiere >> Onkyo NR646 >> Vizio TV

Issue is with surround sound (DD+) but stereo is always fine. No issues with Showtime or HBO Go when using DD+. Chatted and completed the unusual (power cycle, remove/add channel, check connections, etc.) and was then told to wait to update to 7.5 and that should fix the issue. Updated to 7.5 and saw that Netflix and Amazon updated as well. Still having the same issue. Emailed support yesterday and started posting to this forum as I saw others are having this issue.

Starting my own thread for Premiere as suggested as I was previously posting in the Roku4 lip sync thread.
0 Kudos
35 Replies
haeffb
Level 7

Re: Premiere Audio Sync Issues with Amazon and Netflix

I also have this issue with a Roku Premier, Yamaha AVR and Sharp Aquos 1080p TV.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

This really seems to be Premiere specific. I've tested my 4, Ultra TV and Stick and don't have any audio sync issues. I've tested Amazon and Netflix, as well as my local content via Roku Media Player and Plex with no issues. I occasionally see audio out of sync on YouTube, but I'm more likely to blame the video in that case. Some of the recordings there are just terrible. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
kaneelias
Level 7

I am also having this issue with the Premiere and Netflix.

I changed the sound from Auto to Stereo and the sync issue was gone. I turned auto back on and played the exact same scene back on netflix and the slight delay was there an noticeable.

This is really disappointing as I have two streaming sticks that do not suffer from this.
0 Kudos
Dougt
Level 7

I am also having same audio/video sync issues with Roku Premiere. Didn't have with Stick. Have used receiver to try and sync-no luck. Sony av receiver, Samsung TV. Awaiting Roku reply.
0 Kudos
Battscrew
Level 7

Same here.
Premiere plus, onkyo 606, Sony Bravia 1080p. Using hdmi 2.0 cable
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Please post your Serial Number and Device ID (Settings > System > About) as well as the make/model of your AVR and TV.

Thanks!
C. Shawn Smith
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
haeffb
Level 7

SN: YT0078698611
DID: 7J9797698611
Software: 7.5.1 - build 4095-29

Yamaha RX-V675
Sharp Aquos LC-60LE640U

Audio sync issue occurs when Audio mode is set to Auto (Dolby D+, DTS) and HDMI is set to Auto and it selects (Dolby D+, DTS). Changing to PCM-Stereo or Dolby D eliminates the audio sync problem but output is only in stereo with those settings.
0 Kudos
blthomas80
Level 7

I had separately created an email help ticket and went through the suggested trouble shooting steps again. I was then told that they would replace my unit after I sent it to Roku (policy is that I would have to pay the shipping...not a big deal in the scheme of things...but surprised that I would have to pay the shipping for a defective product).

Been having the problem too long with no help so I'm shipping back to Amazon as a defective unit. I purchased a new Fire TV from Target yesterday...it's working great for what I need it for.

Still have a Roku TV and an old Roku LT which work fine. But I'm done with the Premiere.
0 Kudos

Applies to Netflix *Only* - I have no A/V sync issues with Roku Premiere+ (Auto/DD+/YCbCr 4:2:0 10-bit) > Denon AVR-X7200W > LG OLEDB6P.  This is true for 4K23.976, 4K24, 4K29.97, 4K30 (HDR10), 4K59.94, and 4K60 (HDR10).  Tested using Netflix A/V sync test found in their test patterns section.  Note that the Netflix app is now sending BT.2020 color space for all content, including 2K.

Roku Premiere+ running 7.5.1 4095.  Other devices running latest firmware available for direct download.
0 Kudos