Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Premiere Audio Sync Issues with Amazon and Netflix

I sincerely hope that with the new update, this issue will be fixed. I upgraded from a Roku 3 to the Premiere thinking that it would be better. So far, I am disappointed.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

General request to the forum - please post your results with new firmware. I'm sure we'd all like to know when this A/V sync issue is resolved. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Is there a new firmware?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

"thenizzle" wrote:
Is there a new firmware?

Who knows? Roku does not communicate any of their plans, ever. They are more secretive than the KGB was in the 50s and 60s.
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same Amazon audio lip sync issue with my premier+ with current firmware , Onkyo tx-rz810 and Vizio tv. It also happens with Hbo go. The premier+ is only a few weeks old. The audio (voices) seems to start a quarter second faster than actors lips

The bigger problem is having to listen to my wife complain about it :/
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Bump.
0 Kudos
Level 7

I have the same problem using a Roku Premiere, software version 7.5.1 build 4111-29, and an Onkyo TX-NR414. Like others, the problem is mostly resolved by switching the audio setting to stereo. However, even after switching to stereo, there is still a lag with the Amazon Video app, although it is much less than before. I have experienced the lag using the following apps:

• Amazon Video

• Netflix

• Sling TV

• Watch Air
The lag is the most pronounced with Amazon Video and Sling TV, followed by Netflix and Watch Air. It would be really great if Roku could do something to fix this, it appears to have been an issue for some time now.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm also experiencing noticeable audio sync issues with Netflix, Amazon and Plex when using any non-stereo Audio-->HDMI settings.

Roku Premiere+ (7.6.0) at 1080p --> HDMI --> HK AVR3600 --> HDMI --> Samsung KS8000

At first I was blaming my receiver until I plugged back in my Roku 3 (same cables and HDMI input) and the issues disappear.

Are there plans to remedy this issue?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"rrdd" wrote:
Are there plans to remedy this issue?

I see RokuShawnS already answered this here:

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
Yes, every post is read.

No, we cannot comment on potential and/or ETAs on when a bug will be fixed.

I'm sorry I can't give any more information about this issue at this time.  It IS being investigated.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I've got the same issue with my ultra. It seems to go away if I reboot it from the system menu though. Of course, it returns after being idle for a day or so...
0 Kudos