Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Premiere Audio Sync Issues with Amazon and Netflix

I am experiencing the same issue with a Roku Premiere+, Denon AVR-3808CI and Sony KDL-52XBR5 television. Audio/Video are out of sync in the Amazon Video (most pronounced) and Netflix (less pronounced) channels. I've convinced myself that HBO Go is also out of sync, but it may not be (or may be very slightly out). I updated the firmware to 7.5, opened a support case with Roku technical support and completed the troubleshooting steps requested. None of the steps, including replacing the HDMI cable, changing the audio settting from DD+ to DD, or connecting the Roku directly to the TV had any impact. I then received an email from Roku technical support stating that my device may be defective and that I should return it for a replacement. I am skeptical that another device will resolve the issue but am awaiting the replacement. Will provide an update after testing. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Applies to Amazon *Only* - I have a possible A/V sync issue with Roku Premiere+ (Auto/DD+/YCbCr 4:2:0 10-bit) > Denon AVR-X7200W > LG OLEDB6P.  It is so subtle, if present, that I cannot confirm it is there at all.  This is true for 2K24 and for 4K24 (HDR10).  Tested using Deadwood S2:E8 and The Man in the High Castle S2:E3 and S2:10.  Note that the Amazon app is correctly sending BT.709 color space for 2K SDR and BT.2020 color space for 4K HDR.

Roku Premiere+ running 7.5.1 4095.  Other devices running latest firmware available for direct download.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm so disappointed in my Premier+.

First the firmware has been bouncing up and down so it's hard to know what is what.
Second there is an audio sync issue with Amazon.
Third if I change my display to 4K HDR it still doesn't play HDR from Netflix or Amazon, just regular 4K. Then after stopping the video the Roku loses its handshake with the Denon AVR/LG OLED TV and I get a black screen until I restart everything. But but this is just the latest update, it used to give me an HDR picture.
Fourth, when I was getting the HDR stream the banding used to be just horrible on Amazon. Totally unwatchable.

Really, why do I have this box at this point? Problem is I've been waiting so long for the firmware update to shake itself out that it's past my return window.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same problems as above.

Software version 7.5.1
Build 4095
Roku Premiere

Yamaha RX-V381

Samsung 65KS8000

Hello Roku staff monitoring this forum. Can you offer any suggestions (other than those already posted)? Or, should I just return device? Thanks.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Update on my post from yesterday. I received the replacement Roku Premiere+, plugged it in, updated the firmware and tested Amazon Video. The audio/video out of sync issues persists and appeared even more pronounced, so I've packaged it up for return to Amazon. Fortunately I ordered a Fire TV as well. Plugged it in and tested content from Amazon Video, Netflix and HBO Go without experiencing any sync issues. Given that my TV is "only" capable of 1080p video, I'll stick with the Fire TV for the time being.  I do hope Roku resolves the issue as I prefer its UI and wide variety of channels and would like to return to the product in the future. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

my folks' premiere+ has audio/video sync issues with any DD+ content.  Tested apps are Vudu, Netflix, and Amazon Video.  they are connected via HDMI to a Denon AVR.  Theirs is a 1080p setup only.

I experienced the problem when I was with them for the holidays.  I don't know if any subsequent firmware update has fixed the problem but from the posts I'm seeing I doubt it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Further update - I really did not like the "cluttered" nature of the fireTV UI compared to the Roku UI.  Additionally, I use my streaming device in conjunction with a Logitech Harmony Hub and Amazon Echo Dot and unlike the Roku's channels, the installed streaming apps on the fireTV are not "accessible" to the Harmony app as Favorites, or to the Echo Dot as Friendly names.  This means you cannot use Alexa to directly start the fireTV activity AND run one of the installed streaming apps like you can with the Roku - e.g., saying, "Alexa, tell Harmony to turn on Netflix" results in an error (Alexa does not find a corresponding favorite or command) when used with the fireTV; whereas with the Roku, it results in the Echo Dot activating the corresponding Harmony activity to start the Roku and then automatically starting the Netflix channel.

So, to return to the Roku platform and regain these features, I ordered a certified refurbished Roku 3 from Amazon.  It works perfectly with no audio/video lag, supports the 1080p video capabilities of my TV and plays DD+ audio.  Good solution for me until the 4K upgrade, which I am really not that anxious to do at this point.   
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Doesn't matter what model TV, Reciever, what internet provider, speed or router.
Doesn't matter being on the latest software update.
Roku Premiere+ has a problem playing surround sound.
They know it & should man up & confirm it.
Stop wasting everyone's (tech support & customers) time.
Disgusting.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

AGREED.  I am less than 48 hours of owning a ROKU ULTRA and it's quite obvious they don't care.  

When I called foreign support I was told to reboot my router.

Ridiculous.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yes.  Sadly, I have to concur with NOT speaking or chatting with Roku support.  You won't find any help there.  Occasionally, there will be a nice, informative post here on the forums from Roku engineering.
0 Kudos