Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogusMortem
Channel Surfer

Premier+ Turning off by itself

Lately my premier+ started turning off after 15-20 minutes on. I did a factory reset, but still turning off on it's own.

Anyone with a similar problem?

This makes it useless!

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

Re: Premier+ Turning off by itself

Are you sure it’s not your TV? There are no on and off buttons for a Roku so it does not turn itself off. Are you sure you’re not talking about the screensaver kicking on?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @RogusMortem

I hope you're doing well.

Please be aware that the newest Roku OS 10.5 has added a new Power item in Settings > System menu for some Roku models. If you have this Power item, under Auto power savings, see if deactivating after 20 minutes of no interaction fixes the problem.

Keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RogusMortem
Channel Surfer

Hi, no is not my tv. I have a Nvidia shieldtv and it's working fine. Is there a screen saver option for the Roku? I couldn't find it.

0 Kudos
RogusMortem
Channel Surfer

Hi, unfortunately I don't have a power option for my premier+.

0 Kudos
RogusMortem
Channel Surfer

Whatever is the issue, it's turning my tv off. This is only happening when I'm using the Roku. With my Nvidia shield I have no issues.

0 Kudos
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

Your Roku cannot turn your TV off by itself. Go into settings/them/screen saver. You will see it there. Also go into network and turn off bandwidth saver. It sounds to me like your Roku is going to sleep. Which is an entirely normal function of your Roku. But your Roku cannot physically just turn your TV off. The Roku is going to sleep therefore there’s no input on the HDMI signal and the screen goes blank. You’re Roku does not have any power features and it cannot turn your TV off. If you have the remote control your TV you can turn your TV off with the remote. But it sounds to me as though your screen is going to sleep due to inactivity of your Roku. Are you actually streaming something when this happens?

0 Kudos
RogusMortem
Channel Surfer

Hi, when my Denon AV receiver gets no signal from the HDMI cable, it turns off the TV and the whole system. The issue happens when I'm watching YouTube videos or streaming DirecTV Stream.

When my TV and the Denon are turned off, I turn them back on but the Roku is still on. This is so weird!!!

Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated!

0 Kudos
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

The Roku does not have an off or on. Is your Roku plugged straight into the TV? If not do that. Be sure the Roku is plugged into a 110V outlet

0 Kudos
RogusMortem
Channel Surfer

Hi, I've been using my Roku for years. The issue started after the last update. I did a factory reset, new HDMI cable, turned the screen saver off but still the Roku is turning my tv off via my Denon AV.

I lost all hopes by now...

0 Kudos