Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mickjn
Level 8

Playing mp4 via iphone

Hi

i have films in mp4 format on my iPhone that will not play via AirPlay to Roku premiere, I have tried different formats of mp4 and mov but they all say something about wrong format for this tv, that is on different TVs. I have also searched the forums and net and tried various things all to no avail. They play fine on iPhone but not through Roku device. Any ideas guys and gals?????

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Playing mp4 via iphone

@Mickjn wrote:

Hi

i have films in mp4 format on my iPhone that will not play via AirPlay to Roku premiere, I have tried different formats of mp4 and mov but they all say something about wrong format for this tv, that is on different TVs. I have also searched the forums and net and tried various things all to no avail. They play fine on iPhone but not through Roku device. Any ideas guys and gals?????

How did you get an MP4 on your iPhone? Download it from a Website? Did you create the MP4 yourself and use a utility to add it to your phone?

If you created it yourself, you may want to look at the settings of the creation app. For example, many will have presets for different devices. Find a preset for Roku.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Mickjn
Level 8

It was downloaded from internet just as a mp4 file. 

0 Kudos
Mickjn
Level 8

This last attempt I created a new mp4/h264 and get the same error. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Mickjn wrote:

This last attempt I created a new mp4/h264 and get the same error. 

You said you created one. Many such apps have settings for Roku, Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, Samsung, etc. Did you use a Roku setting?

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Mickjn
Level 8

All I could do was select what type of mp4. What apps let you choose Roku? I’m using a MacBook. 

0 Kudos