Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Playback issue watching Hulu only on Roku

About 3 weeks ago I had an overheating warning on my Roku Express which I resolved by changing the location. Since then when watching Dharma and Gregg on Hulu scenes and commercials are often, not always, cutting out early,between 10 and 15 seconds. I also get Hulu through my PS3 and playing the same program does not exhibit this issue so I have to conclude this is a problem with my Roku player. Don't want to buy a new unit if this can be fixed in house. Any one know of this problem and its solution?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 7

Re: Playback issue watching Hulu only on Roku

We are having the same issue with cutting short before going to commercial (and the picture also freezes when aiming back from commercial break - we hear the show, but still see the commercial picture). This happens while watching Brooklyn 99 on our Roku Express. We never had an over heat warning. We’ve tried resetting and updating - still have the issues. Only one this one Roku (we have 2 others in the house). I would love a fix for this!

0 Kudos
Level 7

We have 3 Rokus in our house and the Roku Express in the living room does the same thing with Hulu- it freezes on the last frame of the commercial and continues to play audio. It’s also skipping on some show my kids are watching. Playback is fine on the other devices 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Same Thing Here... Watching shows on Hulu Through Roku.. the last commercial screen freezes and the show continues with just the audio only for the show I was watching... I just got this new Roku Express+  Last night 5-26-20... With the older unit that this unit is replacing, never had this happen..and the reason I got this new unit was Hulu was supposedly no longer available to stream from the older unit is what came up when I went to watch Hulu.. From Hulu...!! Any Fixes Available ?

0 Kudos
Level 7

We're having a similar issue with commercial breaks on Hulu, but when the show starts back up it has jumped ahead and we have to try to back up without hitting the commercial again.

0 Kudos