Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notadoctor
Reel Rookie

Playback content out of order

I am attempting to watch Ninja (2009) on the Roku Channel on a Roku TV. The movie is constantly skipping backwards and forwards to different scenes at random. I have restarted both the TV and my router. These did not resolve this issue. Please assist.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Playback content out of order

@notadoctor 

Ninja (2009) is also available for free on Plex, Tubi, Pluto, Crackle, Fawesome, Redbox, Imdb, and Filmrise.

From the Roku Home Screen, use the Search feature and type in Ninja.

You may find that one of these alternate free Channels/apps will stream the movie better if you are experiencing an issue with it on the Roku Channel. 

---

I watched a couple of mins on both Roku Channel and Pluto and did not see issue.  You can also try restarting your Roku (Settings/System/System Restart).  I have found that issues with the Roku Channel may require restarting your router as well.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
notadoctor
Reel Rookie

This doesn’t solve my problem. Am I going to hear from someone who works for Roku?

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

@notadoctor  AvsGunner is very knowledgeable. He gave you tons of options on how to watch Ninja for free. I am a huge Scott Atkins fan. You don’t need to watch it on the Roku channel. It’s free on Thriller movies, Plex, Vudu, Redbox, Crackle, Watch Free Flix, Tubi, Filmrise, Fawesome, IMDbTV, Filmrise Action, PlutoTV, Action Movies and Sci Fi Movies. You have 16 different channels to watch it on. Take your pic. if watching it on the Roku channel is not working for you then pick one of the other channels and watch it. It’s that easy. 

0 Kudos
notadoctor
Reel Rookie

I’d really prefer to get this Roku channel playback issue sorted, so please don’t respond unless you have information on how to do this.

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

There isn’t anything anyone can straighten out. I just watched 15 minutes of Ninja on Roku channel. No issues. 

0 Kudos
notadoctor
Reel Rookie

So you aren’t having playback issues? I’m so glad we could get that sorted out for you. Is there anything else I can help you with?

0 Kudos