Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TD007
Level 7

Playback Failed error

Jump to solution

Hello - not sure what is happening and hope someone can help. We have the FandangoNOW app and tried purchasing a movie. Payment was charged and everything yet when we went to play the movie, we got an error stating: "Playback failed. Your Roku could not be registered for playback. It is already registered to another account. Unregister your device from that account, or call FandangoNOW customer care for assistance."

I can't figure out what account needs to be unregistered. Is this talking about another Roku account or another FandangoNOW account and how do I know which one has to be unregistered? As far as I know, we only have one account.

The only frustrating thing as I noted before is that payment was charged for this even before I could attempt to watch the movie. Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Playback Failed error

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note! You'll need to contact Fandango NOW support for more help with this. It sounds like your Roku device is currently registered to a different Fandango NOW account, and needs to be re-registered to the account you have made this purchase under. They can assist you with that process. 

You can reach Fandango NOW support here: https://fandangonow.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch/

Please let us know if you need any further assistance after speaking with Fandango NOW support! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Playback Failed error

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note! You'll need to contact Fandango NOW support for more help with this. It sounds like your Roku device is currently registered to a different Fandango NOW account, and needs to be re-registered to the account you have made this purchase under. They can assist you with that process. 

You can reach Fandango NOW support here: https://fandangonow.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch/

Please let us know if you need any further assistance after speaking with Fandango NOW support! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos