Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbhardman
Level 8

Pixelated Edges

Jump to solution

I have just started, within last week, seeing pixelated edges on my screen when watching my Roku. It is not all the time, but frequent. It's very apparent when the screensaver is on, because the rest of the screen is black. I have attached a picture. See the bottom row. Sometimes it is the bottom row and the right edge.

I am hooked up via HDMI. Never had this problem with years of Roku's across different devices. This is a 2018 Roku Ultra.

Any ideas what I can do? I restarted the device, didn't help.

IMG_0997.jpeg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jbhardman
Level 8

Re: Pixelated Edges

Jump to solution

There was a recent software update applied to my Roku, 9.2 I believe, and since that update this problem has not happened. Same cord, same HDMI input. Weird, but seems to be gone. At least for now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@jbhardman Thanks for the note here. A couple questions: 

- What resolution is currently identified and selected in Settings>Display type on your device? 

- What is the specific make/model of TV that your device is connected to? 

- Have you tried connecting it to a different HDMI port? Does the same issue occur? 

- Have you tried connecting the device to a different TV? Does the same issue occur? 

With more details, we can continue looking into the issue from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
jbhardman
Level 8

Jump to solution

Display Type - Auto detect (Detected: 4K HDR at 60Hz HDCP 2.2)

TV: LG OLED 65C8

Diff HDMI Port: No, but it does not occur on my blu-ray player that is another port, nor through the native TV streaming apps (Hulu and Netflix)

Diff TV: No, because the cords are so tied up behind my entertainment system, it will be a pain to undo it all to get the power cord and move it to a different TV.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

I would recommend changing the HDMI port that the device is connected to, or swapping out the HDMI cable to confirm that something hasn't occurred with the cable that may be impacting the device's display output to the TV.

I'd also recommend checking for any system updates to see if any are available. If so, does the same issue occur after performing the update? 

Keep us posted! 

Thanks,

Tanner 

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
jbhardman
Level 8

Jump to solution

I'll try and change the port later. Changing the cable would be a nightmare, as it's run through the wall. The cables are pretty high quality, installed April of this year, and are not in a position to be touched, meaning physical damage is not really possible. Been working great since installation.

I'll change the port and report back after some usage.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks! Make sure to double check for any system updates as well, and let us know if that has any effect. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
jbhardman
Level 8

Jump to solution

There was a recent software update applied to my Roku, 9.2 I believe, and since that update this problem has not happened. Same cord, same HDMI input. Weird, but seems to be gone. At least for now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos