Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YokoOHNO
Reel Rookie

Pink Screen??

So, I’ve had my ROKU Premier for about 6 months and the other day, it randomly glitched out and the screen got a pink hue to it. I bought a new HDMI cable, I changed inputs, etc. I even did a full factory reset and it’s still doing it. I searched boards on here and Reddit but no one can seem to figure out this issue. Does anyone have a genuine fix for this? My TV is a brand new Element so I can’t see it being an issue with the TV. 

0 Kudos
37 REPLIES 37
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: Pink Screen??

How new s the TV?

Do you see this problem on anything beyond the Roku?

Does your TV have a Red Shift setting?

I would think it is your TV settings.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
YokoOHNO
Reel Rookie

The TV is less than a year old. Doesn’t happen with anything aside from the roku 

0 Kudos
Rocky13si
Reel Rookie

Did you ever find solution for this?

My Roku doing the exact same thing.

Rakita
Channel Surfer

My Roku 4 Ultra started this a few days ago. I can use the menu but when I try to play anything the screen goes pink. I've tried all new cables, different HDMI ports, factory reset, and pulling power for an hour. I can swap in my Roku 3 and a Firestick 4k and they work fine. The Roku also wants to default to 480p if I let it automatically choose the resolution. The TV works as it should with all other devices on all inputs. My TV is a Samsung UN50NU6900 4k 50". These issues show up ONLY with the Roku 4 Ultra. 

Is it time to replace my Ultra ?

I understand this is a community forum, but I hope the folks at Roku are paying attention as this seems to be happening more and more.

boogernose
Roku Guru

Can you try the Ultra with a different TV?

Roku certainly does monitor the forum.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Rakita
Channel Surfer

Yes, I have tried 2 other tv's with the same results. It's definitely not the tv. My ultra has thousands of hours on it and is far out of warranty so I'm thinking of opening it and running a meter thru it.  It was running awfully warm when it went out. 

If it's gone out for good I'll just buy another. The pink screen seems to be a common problem so I figured I'd ask in the forums.

akeiii
Reel Rookie

Was this ever resolved? My Ultra started doing this tiday!

elyse6789

Not sure if you ever fixed yours but I went into settings and restart and mine was fixed... for now! Not sure if it’ll happen again. Fingers crossed it doesn’t!

0 Kudos
Rakita
Channel Surfer

Mine is running again but when switching or skipping episodes or movies, I still get a pink flash. I think my Ultra is on it's way out. I really don't mind though as it's got thousands of hours on it. It has served me well for several years and I'll just buy another when the time comes.