Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Picture randomly ZOOMS in

This has been happening quite frequently lately, mostly on Hulu & mostly as others have said after an ad break. And about 1/2 the time it can be fixed with a power shut down but the other 1/2 its like tonight nothing works.

It's definitely NOT the TV! It IS the Roku & what really sucks is the fact the sometimes unplugging works but the times it doesn't it's so frustrating. I go through & try EVERYYHING; the over scan, the aspect ratio, restart again (that's how I know it's not the TV).

So my question is this. Can Roku send out an update to fix this or are we all just doomed to watching 1/2 of peoples faces and the under side of horses in battle scenes (ala Game of Thrones--that was fun.) and more to the point will Roku send out an update?
12 Replies
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Picture randomly ZOOMS in

My Roku Ultra was doing that after I first set it up months ago, but it stopped doing that. When I first set it up, I set Display type (Settings > Display type) to 720p and then a little bit later, I set it to Auto detect which gave me 1080i resolution (I have a Sharp TV purchased in 2008) - I know yours is probably newer. Maybe you could try choosing "Auto detect" in Display type settings to see if that would make a difference or change it to another resolution then back to the resolution you had it at. What Roku do you have and what Software version do you have? - Settings > System > About
Highlighted
Level 7

My Hulu is doing the same thing.  I’ve tried restarting, unplugging the device and changing the resolution. It continues to happen especially after an ad or if you pause it. It just started doing this a couple of days ago.  Never had any issues during the first 35 episodes I watched.  I think Roku could really use an update.  HELP US ROKU!

Highlighted

So this is still going on? It happens to me on my Roku Stick also. Watch a show, shows goes to commercial or changes scene and bam, zoomed in. The original post is May 2019. This is ridiculous.

Highlighted
Level 7

This was recent for me. It only did it on Hulu and like you said going to a commercial, changing scenes or when I hit pause it would do it. Gave up on Hulu. 

Highlighted
Level 8

My TV seems to be doing the same thing, (roku/hulu) it just started maybe a week ago and it comes and goes. I have a 55" Sharp TV that we purchased two years ago. It's been doing it more and more as of lately..,

Highlighted
Level 7

This is happening to me too. Roku stick with Hulu. It’s so aggravating and I can’t find an answer. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

This just legit happened to me, I was watching Hulu and when the show did it's natural replay it was zoomed in and I thought it was the show but then after the replay it was still zoomed in so I knew that was not right. It really needs fixed same with the Roku randomly having audio going out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Yeah, I'm still dealing with it... Haven't figured out how to fix it as of yet, seems like a lot of people have this issue. 😐🤦🏻‍♀️

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I went to roku settings and changed the “display type” from “auto detect” to “720p TV” and it solved the problem for me. This was a fix I found from another member here. So relieved!

0 Kudos