Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annconstantino
Reel Rookie

Picture is too dark with streaming stick, no picture mode options

I am new to Roku. Got a streaming stick and the picture is too dark compared to streaming on computer. I pressed * with a video playing and the only options that appeared were sound and accessibility. Supposedly a picture mode menu should appear, but it doesn't. How do I brighten the picture? I have installed the app on my phone but can't make it work that way either, same issue. Yes, I'm a tech idiot. But what do I do? Thanks

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Picture is too dark with streaming stick, no picture mode options

Try adjusting this on your TV, not the Roku, using the TV controls.  On many TVs these settings/controls are set separately for each of the TVs inputs.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
annconstantino
Reel Rookie

Re: Picture is too dark with streaming stick, no picture mode options

Weirdly, the next time I turned it on to adjust the TV controls as you suggest, the picture was bright. Then it dimmed again, then was OK, without me ever touching anything. Thanks for the advice. I will try that to see if it makes things more consistent.

0 Kudos