Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

Re: Picture is too big for my tv screen until I reboot system

@rdilloway8  Of course there is a way to change the picture size in your TV. I own 3 Samsung TVs. You have to go into the picture settings. 16:9 is normal wide screen resolution for 1080p. What model is your Samsung TV? 

0 Kudos
rdilloway8
Channel Surfer

UN55KU6290F

0 Kudos
Z06
Roku Guru

@rdilloway8  I believe you want to know how to change the picture size on your Samsung TV? You can find that in the owners manual. Here is a link

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201612/20161209095658187/ENG_US-JZATSCK-1.2.2.pdf

0 Kudos
rdilloway8
Channel Surfer

the manual was not helpful in changing resolution. my TV doesn't have the zoom/position option.  The picture seems to be working today since I turned on the ;fit to screen. I'll let you know if that changes. Thanks so much

0 Kudos
Z06
Roku Guru

@rdilloway8  The manual does help. It’s tells you how to change the picture size and all other picture settings.

0 Kudos
rdilloway8
Channel Surfer

yes but the options are not available on my tv that you suggest I use. Pg 56.  I don't have the zoom/position option either (only 16:9 and fit to screen)

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@rdilloway8

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Are you having an issue with playing certain content, or when using the Roku device in general? Can you provide us with a screenshot of what you are seeing so we can better understand the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rdilloway8
Channel Surfer

everything seems to have resolved itself. will let you know if things change. thank you so much for your help!

0 Kudos
roriddle

I tried all of your suggestions, but still have problem.  I have an RCA working the Roku beautifully, but picture too big to get codes to activate channel services.  (4 of 6 digits showing.)  Went to tv display and changed setting to 'normal', have zoom, wide, and cinema.  No 'fit screen size'.  None of them helped with the Roku display.  Any more ideas?  720 and 1080 work with this tv, not 4K or 4KHDR.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@roriddle

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using and how are you connecting the Roku device to the TV? 

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting the Roku device to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos