Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SvobodaFamily
Reel Rookie

Philips TV Screen is black

Hello! 

I currently own a Philips Roku TV. I haven't even owned it a year. Last night we were using Disney+ and we got the green screen. It then went away when we powered off the TV and then turned it back on. Well, today my kids were watching a movie and the screen went out. It powers up but you can't see what's on my screen. Any advice? It's not even a year old. We bought it in March. #PhilipsRokuTV 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Philips TV Screen is black

Hi @SvobodaFamily,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?

If you are having an issue with your Roku TV screen going black, customers have reported that unplugging your device for 5-10 minutes then plugging the Roku TV back resolves the issue.

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
SvobodaFamily
Reel Rookie

It is all the channels and I am unplugging it now to see if that helps. 🤞

0 Kudos
SvobodaFamily
Reel Rookie

Nope, that did not work. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Roku doesn't manufacture "Roku TV" sets, it only supplies the Roku operating system. This sounds like a hardware issue that needs to be referred to the manufacturer of the set.

Manufacturer support contacts for Roku TVs: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Specifically for Philips:https://www.usa.philips.com/c-m/consumer-support https://www.usa.philips.com/c-w/support-home/support-contact-page#n62Contact=SOUND_AND_VISION_GR%2BT... 1-866-309-5962

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Slyssa

Same happened to my tv it's not even a year old it work last night I woke up an it power on but nothing on the screen an it content to YouTube thro my phone an you can here it play but no picture I wonder if this happens a lot with there tvs 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Slyssa, there's definitely a lot of reports here.  It's most likely a failing backlight, but if your TV is less than a year old it should still be under warranty.

Where to get support for your Roku TV™ | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
AMW6987

My TV had the same issue. No picture but had sound. I unplugged it and waited a few minutes. Plugged it back in and the picture came back on. 

0 Kudos